Close Menu
    Trending
    • Congo Ebola outbreak passes 5,000 cases as response grows
    • Magnitude 6.1 quake shakes Indonesia near South Nias
    • DRC malaria toll nears 30,000 deaths after 26 million cases
    • DRC Ebola outbreak hits record with 2,325 deaths
    • Magnitude 5.4 quake hits Gilgit-Baltistan near Sost
    • South Korea car exports set July high at $6.24 billion
    • Global electric vehicle sales rise 9% in July 2026
    • U.S. Polo Assn. Takes No. 1 Spot for All Sports Brands and Climbs to No. 22 Overall on License Global’s 2026 ‘Top Global Licensors’ Ranking
    • Home
    • Contact Us
    Africa News HoundAfrica News Hound
    Friday, August 21
    • Automotive
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Health
    • Luxury
    • Lifestyle
    • News
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Travel
    Africa News HoundAfrica News Hound
    Home » COVID-19 count reaches six-month high in China
    Health

    COVID-19 count reaches six-month high in China

    November 7, 2022
    Facebook WhatsApp Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Telegram Tumblr Email Reddit VKontakte

    The number of new COVID-19 infections in China has reached its highest level in six months a day after health officials announced that they would not be easing curbs on Coronavirus, likely disappointing recent investor hopes for easing. Reports from the National Health Commission in China said on Saturday that 4,420 new local cases of COVID-19 were reported on Saturday, the most since May 6, compared to 3,659 reported local cases the day before, Reuters reported.

    COVID-19 count reaches six-month high in ChinaDespite the fact that the number of cases of COVID is extremely low by global standards, China has stayed true to its zero-COVID approach nearly three years into the pandemic, involving lockdowns, quarantines, frequent testing and a drastic reduction in inbound travel. Stocks in China soared last week after rumors of a possible easing of COVID-19 curbs were reported. In addition, media reports suggest the policy could be tweaked soon.

    After two years of cancellation, the annual Beijing marathon was held under strict COVID-19 protocols. Approximately 26,000 people registered for the event, which began under smoggy skies in the heart of Beijing’s Tiananmen Square under a grey sky. Prior to the race, runners were required to take PCR blood tests for three days and were not allowed to leave Beijing for seven days before the race.

    Related Posts

    Congo Ebola outbreak passes 5,000 cases as response grows

    August 19, 2026

    DRC malaria toll nears 30,000 deaths after 26 million cases

    August 17, 2026

    DR Congo Ebola outbreak passes 1,900 deaths

    August 11, 2026

    Obesity linked to 8.2% of Belgium deaths national study shows

    August 8, 2026

    New Ebola vaccine enters human trial as Congo cases rise

    August 5, 2026

    Michigan outbreak update confirms two cyclospora deaths

    August 4, 2026
    Latest News

    Congo Ebola outbreak passes 5,000 cases as response grows

    August 19, 2026

    DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO / RankWire.AI / – The World Health Organization says the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo could be contained within three months if the response receives enough…

    Magnitude 6.1 quake shakes Indonesia near South Nias

    August 19, 2026

    NORTH SUMATRA / RankWire.AI / – A magnitude 6.1 earthquake struck offshore near Indonesia’s North Sumatra province on Tuesday, sending tremors across several parts of Sumatra. The quake occurred at 1:02:23 p.m. western Indonesian time,…

    DRC malaria toll nears 30,000 deaths after 26 million cases

    August 17, 2026

    BUNIA, DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO / RankWire.AI / – The Democratic Republic of the Congo recorded 26,064,143 malaria cases in 2025, underscoring the scale of the disease nationwide. Health officials also reported 29,938 malaria-related…

    DRC Ebola outbreak hits record with 2,325 deaths

    August 17, 2026

    KINSHASA, DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO / RankWire.AI / – The Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo has become the deadliest the country has recorded. Government figures showed 4,945 confirmed cases and…

    © 2026 Africa News Hound | All Rights Reserved
    • Home
    • Contact Us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.