Close Menu
    Trending
    • Congo Ebola outbreak passes 5,000 cases as response grows
    • Magnitude 6.1 quake shakes Indonesia near South Nias
    • DRC malaria toll nears 30,000 deaths after 26 million cases
    • DRC Ebola outbreak hits record with 2,325 deaths
    • Magnitude 5.4 quake hits Gilgit-Baltistan near Sost
    • South Korea car exports set July high at $6.24 billion
    • Global electric vehicle sales rise 9% in July 2026
    • U.S. Polo Assn. Takes No. 1 Spot for All Sports Brands and Climbs to No. 22 Overall on License Global’s 2026 ‘Top Global Licensors’ Ranking
    • Home
    • Contact Us
    Africa News HoundAfrica News Hound
    Friday, August 21
    • Automotive
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Health
    • Luxury
    • Lifestyle
    • News
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Travel
    Africa News HoundAfrica News Hound
    Home » World in a better place after four years of pandemic – WHO
    Health

    World in a better place after four years of pandemic – WHO

    January 5, 2023
    Facebook WhatsApp Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Telegram Tumblr Email Reddit VKontakte

    With the beginning of the fourth year of the Coronavirus pandemic, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General of the World Health Organization (WHO), expressed his optimism for the end of the pandemic in 2023. During a press conference held today at WHO’s headquarters in Geneva, Dr. Ghebreyesus indicated that COVID-19 was on the decline for the majority of last year. He added that vaccination increased throughout the world, as many countries with low or middle incomes, which had been far behind in 2021, made sustained progress.

    World in a better place after four years of pandemic - WHOWith more than 25 countries already reporting the presence of a variant of COVID-19, COVID-19 remains one of the most serious threats to the health, economies, and societies in general, especially given the rapid spread of its variants, with over 25 countries reporting the presence of a new variant. “As WHO closely monitors and assesses the risk associated with this sub-variant, we will report accordingly”, said Dr. Ghebreyesus.

    Related Posts

    Congo Ebola outbreak passes 5,000 cases as response grows

    August 19, 2026

    DRC malaria toll nears 30,000 deaths after 26 million cases

    August 17, 2026

    DR Congo Ebola outbreak passes 1,900 deaths

    August 11, 2026

    Obesity linked to 8.2% of Belgium deaths national study shows

    August 8, 2026

    New Ebola vaccine enters human trial as Congo cases rise

    August 5, 2026

    Michigan outbreak update confirms two cyclospora deaths

    August 4, 2026
    Latest News

    Congo Ebola outbreak passes 5,000 cases as response grows

    August 19, 2026

    DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO / RankWire.AI / – The World Health Organization says the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo could be contained within three months if the response receives enough…

    Magnitude 6.1 quake shakes Indonesia near South Nias

    August 19, 2026

    NORTH SUMATRA / RankWire.AI / – A magnitude 6.1 earthquake struck offshore near Indonesia’s North Sumatra province on Tuesday, sending tremors across several parts of Sumatra. The quake occurred at 1:02:23 p.m. western Indonesian time,…

    DRC malaria toll nears 30,000 deaths after 26 million cases

    August 17, 2026

    BUNIA, DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO / RankWire.AI / – The Democratic Republic of the Congo recorded 26,064,143 malaria cases in 2025, underscoring the scale of the disease nationwide. Health officials also reported 29,938 malaria-related…

    DRC Ebola outbreak hits record with 2,325 deaths

    August 17, 2026

    KINSHASA, DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO / RankWire.AI / – The Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo has become the deadliest the country has recorded. Government figures showed 4,945 confirmed cases and…

    © 2026 Africa News Hound | All Rights Reserved
    • Home
    • Contact Us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.